Sunday, July 8, 2012

Old Fellas

When you feel like your doing something pretty well, it only takes one a##hole (in jealousy) who is at least 20 years your senior, to come along and blitz you up a hill. It puts you right back in your place!

That occurred this morning as I was following these 2 guys up the switchback climb, I started gaining on them. Getting closer I noticed they were calmly having a conversation riding at a fair pace up one of the steeper ascents. Now panting and annoyed I wanted to pass them even more, but as I got closer I noticed one of them was riding a single speed! My frustration then turned into being very impressed.

I got to the top, had a breather and didnt see them again. Not bad for a couple of old fellas!

2 comments:

  1. Ricey, at least it gives you hope that you'll still be at it in 20 years time! :) There is a guy in the Saturday morning ride here who is nudging 65 and drops everyone on the climbs! R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! My new goal is to be that fit when Im in my 50's. I have 18 years of training ahead of me. 65 and still killin it on the climbs?, thats great! You dont have to go far to find a hill around where you are so I guess he has had some practice over the years. Good on him. See you in a week for some trail carving!

    ReplyDelete