Saturday, July 14, 2012

Respect

Its Tour De France time and followers will all tell you that these amazing athletes that ride their bikes at amazing speeds day after day for 3 weeks are just incredible. The hills and mountains they climb almost with ease are just ridiculous, some of which are hard to even walk up.

I attempted Black Mt today, this time from the other side up the walking track network all the way to Telstra Tower. It was a tough ride about 25 kms all up and a majority of it turned to 'hike a bike'. While I was trudging up the gravel tracks the only thought that ran through my head was that the riders in the 'Tour' would see Black Mt as merely a small bump in the road. Respect.

Although I would like to see them get their road bikes up the track I rode today!

Dual suspension, lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment